General Terms and Conditions
The National Data Management Center for health will continuously be updating the terms and conditions on data sharing practices. Hence, any party that intends to make use of health data from this web based platform needs to read the conditions. As this is a binding legal document, your agreement is important. If you don’t agree with the terms and conditions of use, you will not be authorized to access any sort of data. Be aware that, the National Data Management Center for health reserves the right to add or to change contents of this web based platform. Besides, it has the right to cease offering data on this platform at any time.
A. Eligibility for Data sharing
Article 9 of Data Management and Sharing guideline of EPHI stipulates, data archived within the National Health Data Repository at EPHI can be potentially shared with but not limited to researchers, clinicians, postgraduate students, health bureaus, professional associations, partners, universities, humanitarian agencies, line ministries, and industries.
B. Obligations of organization/person requesting access to data and biological specimen (Article 10)
Article 10 of the revised guideline on Data Management and Sharing puts the obligation of organizations and people requesting data as follows.
- The organization/person requesting access to raw data should submit an official request letter briefly describing for what purpose the data is requested;
- The organization/person requesting access to raw data should submit a completed data request form briefly describing for what purpose the data is requested for;
- If data is requested for research purposes, the data requester should submit a copy of ethical approval of the research to NDMC;
- The organization/person requesting access to the biological specimen should submit a brief written proposal for Scientific and Ethical review that that shows how the data will be utilized and for what purpose;
- The organization/person granted to access to the raw data should not summarize and produce any information below the intended reporting level indicated in the original design;
- The organization/person granted access to the raw data should not transfer the raw data it obtained to a third party without a written consent from EPHI;
- NDMC at EPHI shares only anonymizes and de-identify data to individuals and organizations.
- Students of higher education institutions and researchers who are allowed to have access to the raw data without charge are obliged to provide a copy of their data analysis report.
C. Stages of Accessing Data
As indicated in Article 14, Ethiopian Public Health Institute gives access to data/shares data only following submission of the first technical report/dissemination of the primary work or a year after data collection is completed. Data can be shared before dissemination as required for those who technically and financially supported the work.